That’s what I did last weekend: sanding (times 10) and painting.
The first layer of epoxy was already applied some weeks (months?) ago. First thing was to apply a clear coat of polyester varnish. Why clear? Because I had a pot handy, ha.
Next was sanding and a first layer of Polyester paint went on it. Next was sanding and a second layer of Polyester paint went on it.
This went with 20 hour intervals. You really don’t want to stay in the workshop a minute longer as needed after applying Polyester paint, it feels like the fumes eat your longs.
Notice there is no glassfibre reinforcement sheet on the shines. I decided not to have these since I experienced twice that these will take damage indeed, but will give an entrance for water that will start creaping over a distance. The moist won’t dry (salt water in my case) and will spread and slowly start “eating” the wood. Hence no fibre, If I notice a deep scratch a tip of paint will go over it and it will be fine.
The days before I started to restore the sliding seat. Gave it an epoxy fillet and a lick of epoxy primer inside. Afterwards it got a new wooden top that will match nicely with the grain of the deck. The top is rough and will be sanded down, but no high gloss finnish here, I’ll need to sit on it and my bumm will be happy with some grip.
The rear side of the front deck sheet has had it’s double coat of epoxy primer so that’s ready to go on in the next days.