Fitting the hardware seems to go in three stages:
Finding out what needs to go where (and what it needs to do).
Sourcing for the parts starting in the own boxes and bags of goodies, and ultimately go shopping.
Finally fastening them, usually to find out that you will need to stop because you are out of stainless screws.
As you see most of the tinkering and experimenting is done, I expect to have the Meson on the water soon.
Now still waiting for a Laser rudderstock I have ordered, that will probably need a different blade than the one I had made for the wooden MS stock, and will have to get a supply of black prestressed string to replace the array of bright coloured ones.
The centerboard king pin was installed.
I have chosen for a permanent waterproof yet not serviceable installation. With this option I will be certain the king pin will 1)always be there and 2) it’s mounting will never be the cause of water getting into the hull.
Screwing in two PE retaining plates was a bit of a challenge with the only 20 cm holes giving acces to the inners. A mini cordless hand drill screw driver came in really handy.
The lathe piece was made by a friend, some parts just need to be created I guess.